WHAT ELSE IS CUCUMBER & LEMON WATER GOOD FOR
1. Cucumber & Lemon water is packed with Vitamin C and antioxidants. Research has shown that antioxidants may be able to reverse or stop this damage. Vitamin C and anti-oxidants double as an immune system booster, helping to fight free radicals and stay well. Antioxidants are substances that help prevent and delay cell damage from oxidative stress caused by free radicals, which are unstable molecules produced normally by the body. Free radicals can be increased during exercise or exposure to things in the environment like the sun, cigarette smoke or pollution.
2. Cucumbers contain silica, which provides extra benefits to the skin and muscle tissues. Silica is nature’s anti-aging secret. Cucumber & Lemon water makes a great contribution to the overall health of your skin, muscles, and your body in general. It will cleanse toxins from your body that would normally erupt as unsightly blemishes.
3. Cucumber has a compound called cucurbitacins and a group of nutrients called lignans, which may have a role in protecting us from cancer. Cucumber & Lemon water has a detoxing effect and will naturally flush your body of toxins.
4. Cucumber also contains anti-inflammatory properties that have been shown to play a crucial role in promoting brain health. It is known to improve memory and even protect our nerve cells from declining due to aging.
5. Cucumber also high in pantothenic acid or vitamin B-5, which has been used to treat acne. According to the National Institute of Health, one cup of sliced cucumber has about 5 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin B-5.
6. Cucumber is a great source of potassium and magnesium. Potassium is an electrolyte that helps regulate the amount of sodium retained by the kidneys. Drinking cucumber & lemon water helps your body get more potassium, potentially helping to lower your blood pressure.
7. Cucumber is also high in vitamin K. Our body needs vitamin K to help form proteins that are needed to make healthy bones and tissues as well as to help your blood clot properly. In fact, one cup of sliced cucumbers has about 19 percent of the recommended daily value.